Papa John's (GB) Limited (trading as Papa John's) is committed to complying with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 and has created this Privacy Notice in order to demonstrate our strong commitment to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our site. If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, they can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address supplied at the bottom of this page.
Part One: All visitors to www.papajohns.co.uk are assured that:
- Papa John's will always respect your right to privacy. However, we understand that the internet is not a secure medium and therefore we have implemented security measures to, where possible, protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information placed under our control.
- All data gathered as a result of your website visit or visit to our stores will be treated as confidential.
- All orders placed online will be confirmed by email if you have provided an email address.
Part Two: How we use your data
- To place an order, enter a promotion or take part in an online survey, you will be required to supply contact and personal information.
- For orders that are placed using Amazon Alexa, customers should visit https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GVP69FUJ48X9DK8V to understand more on how Amazon will manage your personal data.
- For our 'customers', we use your personal data for certain legitimate business purposes, for example we may ask for your name, address, phone number and email, to tell you about new products and services and to send you marketing communication and offers to use in stores or on our website. We may also send you surveys to help us improve how we service you.
- We may use personal and profile data to tailor your experience on our interactive services.
- We may use your IP address or other identifying information to help diagnose problems with our server, to monitor numbers of users and/or to administer our interactive services as well as to identify and eliminate fraud.
- We consider you as a 'customer' for 13 months since the date of your last order. If you do not order within 13 months you will automatically be opted out of receiving our direct marketing.
- If you order again from us via our website within 13 months of your previous order and have not opted out, we have a legitimate interest to re-commence sending you marketing communications about our products and services.
- For people who have registered on our website but haven't yet bought any of our products and services, we will ask for your consent to process your data before we send you marketing offers.
- You can opt out of these messages at any time by going to your online account, by using our unsubscribe page or by clicking the unsubscribe link on an email or SMS marketing message.
- We will request that users who wish to submit personal information are aged 16 years or older or that minors obtain permission from their parents or legal guardians before submitting such information.
- Accordingly, Papa John's would encourage you to be cautious about the information you choose to release and to safeguard passwords.
- In order to process your order and subsequent communications there is a need for us to transfer some of your data outside of the UK or the EU. If at any point we transfer your personal data outside of the UK or the EU we will make sure the same level of protection is provided to your data and in line with the UK GDPR.
Part Three: Who will we share your data with?
- We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties outside of Papa John's for their own marketing purposes. We sometimes provide your personal information to third parties who are our subcontractors or providers of various products and services on our behalf.. Any processing of personal information by these third parties will only be for carefully defined purposes, and will be adequately and lawfully protected under contract, including requirements of confidentiality and data security.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law, or if in good faith we believe such action is necessary to comply with the law a legal obligation.
- We may also share your personal information with a purchaser or a potential purchaser of our business. We have a legitimate interest to do this: to assist with the sale or potential sale of our business. You will always be notified of such a change of control or ownership and will be given the opportunity to object or opt out, of any further communications from us or the buyer or new entity.
Part Four: How long will you keep my data?
- We'll normally hold onto your data if you're a customer, for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services you're using in accordance with our data retention policy.
- If you don't use our services or your Papa John's account for over 24 months then your account may be classified as dormant and your personal details pseudonymised in line with our privacy notice and data retention policy.
- Please check your inbox to see if we've sent you any emails about this recently.
Part Five: Your rights as a data subject
Under data protection law you have rights regarding how we process your data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. We have one month to respond to you, and you may be asked for ID to confirm you identity.
To exercise any of the following rights, please use the contact details supplied at the bottom of this page:
- Right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right always applies. There are some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process. You can read more about this here
- Right of rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies. You can read more about this here
- Right to be forgotten - in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. You can read more about this here
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing. You can read more about this here
- Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation. You can read more about this here
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing. You can read more about this here
Part Six: Cookies
Currently cookies are used on www.papajohns.co.uk to identify you for usability purposes and to allow you to process your order throughout the website. For example, by remembering which store you have selected or your preference for delivery or collection. In addition, we may use 3rd party cookies to help improve your experience or to track the performance of our marketing programs. In all cases, your personal information is not stored in cookies.
For further information on cookies please refer to https://cookiesandyou.com.
This site includes instructions on how to accept or reject cookies and also how to remove them should you wish to do so.
Part Seven: Disclaimer
If Papa John's provides links to other services, Papa John's is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these services. Papa John's reserves the right to modify, alter or otherwise update this Privacy notice at any time and you are therefore encouraged to review it from time to time.
Part Eight: Trademarks and Copyright
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, button icons, images and software, is the property of Papa John's and is protected by UK and European copyright laws. The content and software on this site may be used as either or both of an informational or shopping resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this site is strictly prohibited. Other Papa John's graphics, logos and trade names are trademarks of Papa John's. Papa John's trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not affiliated with Papa John's in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Papa John's.
Part Nine: Terms and Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions can be viewed here from the link below.
Part Ten: Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, wish to exercise your data rights or make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us please contact Papa John's data protection representative at:
11 Northfield Drive, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DQ
Tel: 0203 6936800
You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Supervisory Authority who, in the UK, is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). Their contact details are:
The Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Changes to this notice