Papa John's Story - Milestones
It’s taken over 30 years, but what started as a single restaurant back in Indiana
has now grown into over 4,600 Papa John’s restaurants serving up ‘a Better Pizza’
to delighted customers in 34 countries. And we continue to push ahead and develop,
trying to always bring in new ideas to improve what we do. For example, we were
one of the first to offer online ordering… and today, over 50% of all of our pizzas
in the UK are ordered quickly and easily from a customer’s computer or a mobile.
It’s just one more way that we’re serious about delivering a better pizza experience!
Over 30 years in the making...
- 1985 The first Papa John’s restaurant opens in Jeffersonville, Indiana
- 1986-1992 We sell our first franchise and grow to 100 Papa John’s restaurant
- 1993-1999 Initial Public Offering of shares in Papa John’s triggers a period of rapid growth
- 2001 The birth of Papa John’s online ordering
- 2006 We are awarded a Guinness World Record for our 7-year winning streak on customer satisfaction ratings
- 2013 Papa John’s opens its 200th store in the UK
- 2015 Papa’s Quality Guarantee launches in the UK